Why it is a good idea to start brushing up your English language skills now, before your interview.
All our posts require good command of spoken and written English. This requirement is for many different reasons:
- You need understand the commands of fellow clinical colleagues
- You need to understand and be able to communicate with clarity so that you are understood
- You need it for living in the UK and making friends
- You need it to make a good impression during the interview phases of the application.
You can help yourself by speaking a lot of English with people in the next few weeks. If you have friends who speak beautiful English, converse with them as much as you can.
- read english medical publications and websites
- listen to radio for BBC worldservice
- watch BBC World TV
- Read English aloud to yourself.